Union Jack Flag

Union Jack Flag

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

"Through the Eyes of God"

Hiyya! This week was another great yet quick one! Being a missionary is simply the best ever. The transfer has officially ended, I'm excited for what this week will bring. I am still in Hyde with my wonderful companion, Elder Nelson. The other Elders in our ward left, and some Sister missionaries have come in. Sister Madsen has been out for a few months, and Sister Black is brand new. They are great, and finding much success already. I am doing much better than last week, just coming out of whatever sickness that was. Thank goodness! It is nice to have more energy, and to be sharing the gospel more fully once more. Our investigators are progressing well, and we also had the baptism of Luigi on Friday!

The baptism was wonderful, as they always are. There were a few missionaries that traveled down for it, since they helped teach him. Luigi is such a wonderful man, always smiling and joking around. It is hard for me to describe the relationship, but I guess I could say he feels like a cousin? Like, he for sure isn't since he is from Angola, but thats how it feels! I love to joke around with him, and feel of his joy. I love him so much, and am so glad to have met and taught him! Yesterday was his confirmation, and I was asked to do that. First ordinance, and it was a wonderful faith building experience. Afterwards, he said he felt a power enter his head, and that was just great to hear! I'm so thankful to hold the priesthood to serve, and bless others. I also had the opportunity to ordain the priesthood to Wayne after church. Again, never done that before, but it was a lovely experience. I love this work so much, it simply brings happiness to my soul seeing the change it has on lives.

One thing that really stood out to me this week was seeing things as God sees them. I guess a General Authority spoke about it at another Zone's Stake Conference? Must be on to something, if he spoke on it huh? How do I explain it. Theres a few things to this. 

One way I've seen through God's eyes is nature. Simply walking up the same street we always do every morning, but looking at the trees, and the hills in the distance, and the sky. Oh yes, my companion and I love looking at the sky. The clouds are so pretty, the sun is sometimes shining, and we usually look at the moon every night. It may sound a bit odd, but think of it this way. We don't look at paintings and admire the actual object that is painted, but admire the artist who made that. Similarly, my companion and I marvel at the creations God has made for us all to enjoy.

Another way we look through God's eyes is people. Trust me when I say, we meet way too many people in a day. Everyone has their own ideas, opinions, strengths, struggles, it all. Everyone is a child of God, and that is how we need to view them. At times, I may see someone on a bus that seems a bit dodgy, but that isn't who they are. I remind myself that they chose Jesus Christ once, and their spirit wants to choose him again. They are a child of God, who needs this light, and His love. See others not as they are, but as they can become. I know that is quoted by an apostle somewhere, but I don't have that gift of remembrance. Everyone has the potential to become something great through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Every single person, can change, can improve, can grow, and turn to God. So maybe next time we look at others, judge them, or are mad at someone. Look at them how our Heavenly Father would. See how precious they are in His eyes. See how much they are loved by Him. 

Let us not forget, that we need to also see ourselves through the eyes of God. Too many times, we get frustrated with the mistakes we make, and condemn ourselves. We judge ourselves to others, and waste our days away dreaming of what could be. We don't need to dwell on the bad. Look in the mirror, think of our Heavenly Father, and see what He sees. Yes, we recognize our weaknesses, so we can improve, but recognize the gifts and strengths we have been blessed with. God knows you. He knows you personally more than anyone else. You are a child of God. He loves you, and is ever so anxious to help you. Never forget that. One thing I read this morning, that really opened my eyes was an article in the October 2014 Ensign. The Jadeite Cabbage. https://www.lds.org/ensign/2014/10/the-jadeite-cabbage?lang=eng There is the link to that wonderful insight. I love it so much. Read it, ponder the message, and pray to God that you may see things through His eyes. I love our Heavenly Father. I know this is His truth He has restored, so that someday we may live with Him. I am ever so humbled and grateful to serve God and our Saviour Jesus Christ. I love you so much, and wish the best.

A masterpiece in the making of the Master's hand,

-Elder Bennett
. Oh you know, just a cheeky bus selfie. We ride these double deckers all the time!
Elder and Sister Lee in their wonderful cottage. Oh wish you could behold that place,
 and their wonderful spirit. They do so much for us, and I love them!
 Whats this? A knocker. My companion and I truly appreciate a proper knocker
 This is an attempt to show you the view from the top of the YSA building in inner Manchester. 
 Luigi at his baptism. My trainer, Elder Nelson, and his trainer Elder Robinson. Love them!
 Heh. Hehe... Yup! They told us to get a douvet/comforter cover. Love it! Love those minions!



1 comment:

  1. Where's the Luigi duvet? Get it? Luigi? Ha!

    Good on ya, Elder Bennett!

    ReplyDelete