Union Jack Flag

Union Jack Flag

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

"Oh Come Let Us Adore Him"



Hello my dearest of friends! What a wonderful season this has been! There is nothing like being a personal representative of our Saviour during this season. I can never express in writing how incredible it is to be a missionary. The happiness, and the wisdom gained is just indescribable. So with the loss of words, I'll attempt to share my week!


A week ago, after emailing and shopping, we headed into inner Manchester. We've been hearing about this thing called "The Christmas Markets" for ages! All month long, over and over, and I've been dying to go. (It was a great conversation starter for bus contacting though, hehe) Anyways, we finally went! It was glorious! Pictures never give anything justice over here, so I hardly attempt at view. Basically, there was just a whole square full of wooden shacks with loads of bits and bobs. There was wood carvings, sweet stands, Christmas decorations, you name it. Quite really reminded me of the Utah State Fair to be honest. Only better, because it was Christmas! The theme was quite German, so there was some proper beer going around, which is quite saddening. We ate some German sausages, which were delicious, but even more exciting I tried me some black pudding! Black pudding, is well, basically pig's blood fried up. Mhmm... shocker I tried it huh? You just have to though! It was a sample, and it came with half a boiled egg, so why not! It was... interesting. Quite sweet, but the flavor was too much. Bleh, anyways... that was such a blast with all the other missionaries. 

The next day, we went to the temple. Again, pictures never give any of the sights justice. We rode into Manchester's main train station, and it was just incredible. Load of platforms and trains coming from every which way, and just packed with people. I love the city, its just great! Then we hopped on another train, and headed out to Chorley. On the train, when you peer out the window, its just rolling green hills, with sheep in the distance, and the most beautiful cottages just past them. How I wish I had the world's best camera with me. Ahhhh! Sorry, I'm sure you are getting quite jealous. The temple trip was just incredible. As Utahns, we are so spoiled. Truly, we are! How I wish I could go to the temple every single day! I love it so much, and especially the Preston England Temple. I will restate again from last time I was there, I've never felt as at home as I did in there. It was proper devastating to leave, and I would say it could only be compared to leaving Heavenly Father's presence to come to Earth.

This week was a great one. I love to teach our investigators so much, and witness the change the gospel brings. I love to talk with people, and share with them my testimony of what I know to be true. Knocking doors is just super cliche, but again, I love it! You never know who will answer, and who may be interested. The ward here spoils us so much. We've gotten loads of Christmas cards, and little gifts as well. I love Hyde, and I love being in the service of Heavenly Father.

I will end by sharing the Christmas message we share with members. We first read in 3 Ne. 11; where Christ shows His love and compassion by healing the people. What a miraculous event to behold. Think of the following phrase: "The highest form of adoration, is emulation." Another similar but simpler phrase may be "The sincerest form of flattery is imitation." A rather basic analogy I share is sports. If there is an incredible footballer, many young players may watch, study, and copy them so that they themselves can be incredible. 

How is it that we can emulate our Saviour? Simply love. Show your love to someone. Spend some quality time with a family member or a friend. Give service to another. Share gratitude. I'm sure you can think of a whole list of things. Jesus Christ physically healed the people, but whom is it that we can go to spiritually heal? I give an invitation to any reader, whether before, during or after Christmas to think of a few people who they can heal in some manner. For the season may past, but the Spirit need not. May we constantly remind ourselves of the Christ throughout the year, and live in the true Spirit of Christ. I promise the joy this season brings will not end in our lives. 

With love, I wish the merriest of Christmas to you and yours, 

- Elder Bennett

 Elder Nelson, (flat caps all the way), and myself
A single market stand, with the town hall behind.
. Our wonderful district at the Preston, England Temple! Love them!

Typical missionary bits and bobs

 I cannot wait for Christmas, bn wearing that jumper all month!
 Oh and my mother is the best! (His words, not mine)



No comments:

Post a Comment