Here you have it folks, Keaton's final blog post.
"...when [I] write [I] behold [my] weakness, and stumble because of the placing of [my] words; and I fear lest the [people] shall mock at [my] words." Ether 12:25
I feel the need to apologize at the length of this post. I would hope you have a good amount of time set aside to read, and if not, that's okay. Go and accomplish that which needs doing, but I would hope you don't forget to read my attempt to explain the unexplainable. :)
I could (if not for the sole entertainment of you who is reading) summarize my entire words into the following scripture. "Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." (Alma 26:26) Ha, but that would just be too easy, now wouldn't it?
Final Transfer
My final transfer has been out of this world! Oh what joy, what miracles! Definitely one of my favourites of all time! The biggest honour and pleasure has been training my dear friend, Elder Cottle. He IS something special. The love I am given for him is so pure. I'm so proud of his progress and overall goodness. I look up to him greatly. It surely has been a divinely appointed companionship.
There are two other special friends who have really brought such joy to my companion and I. Sisters Steele and Tripptree! One from South Africa and the other from Tasmania! Ha, they are brilliant. It's been a blessing to serve with them in Crewe. We have all had a variety of fun experiences from teaching someone named Simba, to getting absolutely soaked through in the rain. We have had the opportunity to go to the temple, and also had a great visit from a general authority.
A major highlight has been teaching a fantastic man named Roby. Roby is SO sensitive to the Spirit, it's incredible. He has such great faith in his Saviour, Jesus Christ. He loves having us over often, and is well on his way to following the example of Jesus and being baptized himself. I'm beyond grateful that I've had this time to teach him, to receive promptings during lessons, and then witness the greatness that follows when we act upon those promptings.
United Kingdom Lovin'
:) Hee.. I cannot adequately express the love I have been given for England and Wales. It will forever have my heart. It is the land of my heritage, and how blessed I am to have such valiant ancestors. I love all the members, less actives, recent converts, investigators, potentials, just the whole lot. They may take the mick, get angry, attempt to bash, ignore, laugh, or whatever else. I still kill them with kindness.. I love the quirks, the food, the cities, and landscapes. Although the weather can be quite the bother, I'll miss the frequent shower of rain.
The England Manchester Mission has become a family to me. All the missionaries, I simply love. There is such unity, fun memories, and respect that can never be replaced. I love my mission president and his wife soooo much. :) I will surely miss it all.
Knowledge & Wisdom Obtained
Now, I never will adequately express all that has been learnt. Some things, I can't even list because I wouldn't know! However, I would like to express some main doctrines and principles that have made a profound difference on me. Firstly, I bear witness of The Enabling Power of The Atonement, or in other words, grace. Surely, His grace is sufficient. I have used it, needed it, and LOVED it. My Saviour has always been with me, giving me the strength, wisdom and power to do that which I simply cannot do on my own.
I have particularly loved tasting that which is sweet, pure, and white above all else. That which is recognizing a prompting, acting upon it, and witnessing firsthand the good that otherwise would have been unknown.
Surely, I have been guided in many things, many which I did unknowingly. I now know and understand to some degree the power of charity, the pure love of Christ. I've been able to more fully understand this when I came to understand how much I am loved. That really helped me exude that love.
Training two, wonderful missionaries who I deem as "sons" also enhanced my ability to comprehend such love. I know that God has His will, but He also has His timing. The when, is just as important as the why, what and how.
Many may say I've changed. Obviously, it's hard not to! There's few things that are a definite constant in life: God, time, and change. It's inevitable. Matter of fact, you all have changed too! I hope to acknowledge and love the changes you have made for the better, and I hope you will do the same.
Please, judge righteously. I am not perfect, and there may be things you wish I had changed but haven't quite done so. With that said, I feel like I have more fully found myself as taught in the scriptures. Matthew 10:39 "He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it." Elder D. Todd Christofferson expounded it as such, "Not only do we ‘find’ ourselves in terms of acknowledging divine guidance in our lives, but the more we serve our fellowmen in appropriate ways, the more substance there is to our souls. … We become more substantive as we serve others--indeed, it is easier to ‘find’ ourselves because there is so much more of us to find!”
A Warning of Casual Worship
To end, I feel the need to re-emphasize my missionary scripture which is: D&C 16:6. It says,
"And now, behold, I say unto you,
that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentance
unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me,
that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father. Amen."
There may be some reading who recognize they aren't as converted they should be. Perhaps a testimony has died, or is slowly dying. There might even be someone close to you who is in this situation. My heart goes out to you! The following counsel may be of some assistance.
"Once we enter into covenants with God, there is no going back. Giving in, giving up, and giving out are not options. In the kingdom of God, there is a standard of excellence for exaltation. It requires valiant discipleship! There is no room for average or complacent disciples. Average is the enemy of excellence, and average commitment will prevent you from enduring to the end."
"If you are struggling, confused, or spiritually lost, I urge you to do the one thing I know will get you back on track. Begin again to prayerfully study the Book of Mormon and live its teachings every day, every day, every day! I testify of the profound power in the Book of Mormon that will change your life and strengthen your resolve to follow Christ. The Holy Ghost will change your heart and help you see “things as they really are.” He will show you what you need to do next." ("Stay by the Tree", Elder Kevin Pearson)
"Complacency can affect even the seasoned adult. The better and the longer you serve, the more likely that the tempter can place this lie in your mind: “You have earned a rest.” You may have been the Primary president in your little branch twice. Or you may have worked long and hard on your mission and sacrificed so much to serve. Or perhaps you were the pioneer in the Church where you live.
The thought may come: “Why not leave the service to the new people. I have done my part.” The temptation will be to believe that you will return to serve again, someday." ("This Day", President Henry B.Eyring)
This is not a Sunday-only church. It is not just talking the talking, but not walking the walk. This is a gospel of action.
President Boyd K. Packer simply put it, "If someone is looking for a church that requires very little, this is not the one. It is not easy to be a Latter-day Saint, but in the long run it is the only true course."
President James E. Faust adds his words by saying "If something can be had cheaply, without exertion or sacrifice, people do not mind having a little bit of it. In contrast, the blessings of membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints require both exertion and sacrifice..." "...It demands exemplary conduct and effort every day of the week. It involves accepting calls and serving with fidelity in those callings. It means strength of character, integrity, and honesty to the Lord and our fellowmen. It means that our homes need to be places of sanctuary and love. It means a relentless battle against the bombardment of worldly evils. It means, at times, being unpopular and politically incorrect."
The Second Coming is fast approaching. Now is the time to prepare better than ever. Know that we can all do better than we are now doing. Now is the time to fortify anything that may have grown weak through casual worship of the Lord Almighty.
I am not directly pointing the finger at you, the reader. Only you will know to what extent this pertains to you.
However, our Father needs you to be a light for those within your influence. Set the example so at least three people will become more converted. Do so in a way that those three will each influence two, and those two can influence one. I am enlisted in the task at hand. Please help me, and please join me.
Testimony..
I know that this is the eternal truths of God. He is our literal Father in Heaven. He has a plan of Happiness available for all. It is not only for this life, but for the next.
I testify that Joseph Smith is a real prophet of God. He is! Nothing will take away my conviction of such a truth. He did in reality behold our Heavenly Father and our Redeemer, Jesus Christ.
I bear witness that the priesthood of God has been restored, and is the source of great power, even that of heaven. It works!
It has been made manifest unto me time and again in the most powerful and exquisite ways that The Book of Mormon is the word of God. It's pages are filled with truth and it brings power and strength, knowledge and wisdom to the sincere reader.
There are living prophets and apostles today which I know that they know Jesus Christ. They are special witnesses of Him.
I declare with every fiber of my being that Jesus is the Christ! He is the way, the truth and the light. He accomplished His mission, the greatest act of love this world has ever known, namely The Atonement. It is real. Forgiveness, repentance and grace is here for all. 2 Nephi 33:6 "I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell."
It has been the highest privilege to serve my God, my Saviour, and my fellow man.
"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:" (2 Timothy 4:7)
With all my sincerity and love,
- Elder Bennett
No comments:
Post a Comment