There you have it ladies and gentlemen. Its the truest of true statements. I just love it! I can quite distinctly remember about a month and half ago losing it and getting pretty upset leaving Chester and all. Ha, what a contrast. You have my guarantee I'm not bipolar! God heals. God loves. God blesses. I testify of that; oh yes I do. There is just so many great things that have happened, and none of my words that I attempt to form will give it justice. I'm sorry.. Like, of course I'll try, I always do. But.. bear with me.. please and thank you. :) Okay. Here we go..
Crewe with Elder Kofoed:
It was tough at first. Learning the area, adjusting to a new companion, been there, done it. Moved on from Chester, thank goodness. Still has my heart, but Crewe began to grow inside my heart as well. Came to meet and love the members here. They really are a great bunch. :) I can feel their love and concern for us. I've had some very interesting experiences here, met some odd people here and there. Worked hard, and had fun doing it. The weather has been.. reasonable. Except for the other day. Man alive, that was mental.. but funny. More on that later! Elder Kofoed. My days, he is a champion! He was loving, patient, and just solid! He helped me out a lot, and I helped him out. Our key indicators were consistent and kept on rising which shows/indicates to us that we kept progressing and kept improving. That was nice to recognize.. We had some really great lessons as well! Yeah.. love that kid.
The Work:
Erm, the lady we really helped and saw progress is Leah. She is a young mum, with a quite different background as far as church standards go. She is a lot like little Agnes from Despicable Me just.. older. Haha, fluffiness is her thing! Ha, its funny. We teach her as simple as possible, and it works wonderfully. We just love her. She is great, and we have high hopes for a happy future for her and her daughter. Whenever we go by her home, there are three little boys always playing out, usually football. We've become good mates with them, and often get footballs they kick over the fence.
Few more random things about this past transfer..
We help out with the primary often on Sundays, which I just love. Its great fun! Also, ate a brilliant South African Dish called.. babooti? Love. Should be eating it later this week again. Yes! At a brilliant and big park there was a fair and we had our own little booth for it. We focused on families and the simple truth we are all children of God. That was really great! Had a canopy and all! :) Had a great deal of exchanges this past transfer too, all being sound! First was with Elder Paulsen whom I trained about a year ago.. love him! We had a great time and had miraculous things come. Then a exchange with Elder Meline, who is being trained by Elder Paulsen so that makes him.. my grandson. (hee) He is a great missionary from Denmark as well! Then.. Elder Paulsen again, (again, fantastic times together. Great laughs as always.) Lastly a exchange with Elder Roth from Austria! OH MY DAYS. He is amazing!! I look up to that man so much! Learnt a lot. Also had a wicked coordination meeting over in his area; mostly because the ward mission leader helped on the last Harry Potter film, he has two rats he trained (they are cute), and his job has to do with media editing which I have a passion for. Yeah! Even more random? We were playing frisbee with a bunch of other missionaries.. and I slid on the semi-damp grass.. did the splits. Ouchie! Sigh. I can remember the pain.. it was like legit, but bad.. sore for a few days following. Lastly, I just am gonna throw it out there... TMI(to much information) but idc ( I don't care), I vomited for my first (better be last) time in my whole mission. I think its quite the accomplishment. Darn Indian buffet.. XD
Last transfer to go:
Happy to announce that I am TRAINING!! AHHH!! Yes! It made me so happy to get the call to do so! Elder Cottle is eighteen and from St. George, Utah! Yessss!! I love St. George! but I love him moreeee! He is.. literally, SO AMAZING. I just love him to bits. Very humble, very obedient, and just loves God and His work. You should have seen him on our first street display. He was making us all look bad! ;) Ha, from time to time he has the new missionary struggles, but its normal and he'll get there in no time at all. Had an absolute blast at "train the trainers" meeting with my dear friend Elder Korth. There were other great missionaries there too. Miracle to share with you before I must get going: I was driving up to Chorley with an Elder who had only been out for three months, he had only been driving in the UK for a day. We had no navigation gadget, only a map. It was about an hour and half drive up to Chorley. I almost lost it, but instead put my faith and trust in God that he would keep us safe and we would get there on time. I take no credit for what happened, but.. we made it. I, through the grace of God, navigated us on the map, recognized where to turn off on the motorway, and we only made one small mistake but got there on time. That small mistake needed to delay us so I could recognize God's hand. How did that happen? As we pull up to the Preston MTC, and the Preston Temple, the song "Amazing Grace" began to play. I was just awestruck in that moment.
Simply put:
I am happy. I am confused at the thought of coming home, but there is one more blog post to write about that and.. I try not to think about it because.. I just can't function. Heh, pray for me! Write me. I love yous all sooooo much.
Heaps and bunches,
- Elder Bennett
Since Keaton did not have time to send photos, I included one that a member sent to me last week of him helping in the Primary sharing time.

No comments:
Post a Comment