Union Jack Flag

Union Jack Flag

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

"Happy are We!"



Right, so.. the title just says it all. It is a little sarcastic, yet mostly true? Let me explain the sarcasm. My dear, wonderful father whom I love so much would often sing that phrase from "We are All Enlisted" when I didn't particularly want to do something, but did anyways.. Oh fond memories! So this applies right now because.. sigh, I am Wigan... out... sad. Only six weeks in this area. Not only that, but only six weeks with Elder Konyana, my South African pal! It is such an absurd thing, that I know it was called by revelation! I know that the place I am going (Ashton-under-Lyne) must be in need of some wacky redhead! Ha, at least, I hope so. I sort of know my new companion, Elder Olsen. He seems really great, and I am excited! I hear he is from Logan, so that is two companions now from there. Woohoo! This new area I believe has a higher concentration of members than most except Chorley, and it is right above my first area, Hyde. 

Now how can "Happy are We!" still apply? Well! Let me tell ya! Last week on P-Day we went to Trafford Centre.  It was a long bus ride, but I got a nice, proper nap on the way there. Now this is like a giant shopping centre, maybe like.. City Creek, but more inside? It was brilliant. Oh I loved it so much! Although I wasn't there to buy anything, it was so much fun! There are a variety of pictures after that show some things that were there. It was nice to have a good ole adventure to someplace! My favorite bit was... probably this little mini art gallery! I took note on the artists' name for when I come home! Then I can see their other artwork!

Also this week the weather greatly improved! At first it was about 25 mph wind, and because the humidity, it just goes right through ya! Back to no longer feeling in the face! However, Easter brought around some sunlight and warmth! We loved it. Not only does it make us happy, but the Brits as well! We headed to this gorgeous park, and there was just loads of people! A proper ice cream stand, kids playing football, and people walking dogs! You name it! Good success with people always brightens my day! For General Conference, we watched the SaturdaySession at a recent converts home from 5-7, and then the Priesthood Session Sunday morning at the Liverpool Stake Centre from 10-12. Boy, wasn't it just wonderful??

After being in Liverpool, we caught a train into Manchester, and had a nice dinner with loads of other missionaries and President and Sister Ulrich! Now, I had never been to the mission home before, but it is now one of my most favorite places in England! It felt like Utah in the regards of everyone was taking some yummy food, and passing it along.  It was basically one giant family, and brought happiness to my heart. I love them all so much! Oh it was great! I know it sounds silly, but its great, okay?! Then we went to the Manchester Stake Centre and watched the Sunday Morning Session, again from 5-7.

Perhaps the greatest happy moment would be from yesterday. You see, they celebrate "bank holidays" over here. Basically, no one goes to school, has to work, the bus times are rubbish, the libraries are closed, and the temple is OPEN! Mhmm! I went to the temple!! Marvelous! That is all I can say! Truly remarkable! I LOVE THE TEMPLE.  Seriously, it truly is home. It is! I'd weep if all my family and friends were there with me! I just die inside when I finally leave! It really breaks my heart not knowing the next time I get to attend. 

I remember there was a talk given this weekend, and he talked about how we don't appreciate the things that are right before us. We see, but we don't truly notice. Sometimes we may hear others, but we don't really listen. You get the point. All of yous who are close to the temple, why don't you attend more often? Why? What would be holding you back? Yes, I am sure it is a sacrifice, but in life, the greatest blessings require the biggest of sacrifices. Think of the greatest, and most sacred sacrifice of all. Worth it? Yes. An enormous, resounding, yes. You don't realize how great you have it. Please, just go. Peace will be yours, nourishment from on high shall fill your soul and you too will join me in singing "Happy are we!"

Forever thankful for our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ,

- Elder Bennett
 Just got done watching some General Conference. Haha, this man is hilarious.
 The dome ceiling inside Trafford Centre
Gorgeous Greek paintings surrounding said dome
An old, Victorian carousel! What?!
 Lovely palms, and beautiful fountain. Greek theme abounds still
 Bahaha, my companion's face just kills me!
 Check out this park! Mesnes Park. I am gonna miss it! Dahhh! Wonderful
Foggy day up at the temple. Silhouette of the tree looks quite nice? I dunno.

No comments:

Post a Comment