Erm... Right, yikes. I know it has been ages. It feels like ages. Truthfully, there sometimes just isn't time! The last couple preparation days have been some of the most fun ones I've had. We got to go and play football (soccer) with loads of other missionaries. Boy, I did like that. I am no superstar by any means, but most of them aren't either! So that has been great fun! Ha, I told myself I wouldn't go so hard the second time because I was sore after the first. I can't help it! I'm so funny though when it comes to football. I can do really well things, but then I mess up and look like a doofus. Quite the clumsy one.. Big opportunities, and I just wreck it. Hah, anyways enough about that!
Sooo.. right, I am serving in Ashton-under-Lyne, and it is right about my first area (Hyde). It is the smallest area I have been in, and probably one of the smallest there is! Basically a suburb area, with a small town center, and then a village named Mossley to the north. Mossley! Yeah, don't even get me started how much I love that place. You'll have to check out the photos but even they don't give it justice by any means. Rolling hills, old houses and cobblestone streets. Surreal to say the least. Had a crazy experience just the other week there, you can ask me about it if you want to hear it, but its... a bit.. just yeah. Different?
Different would describe the work here I think. Not worse by any means, but just different than what I am used to. Since there are so many houses, we have to tract loads. It also just takes me a good while to get adjusted to the area, and learn the names of people in the ward. It was tough I think, but much much better now! I love this ward! The members are strong, and crazy enough, I worked some magic (or attempted), and we have a tea appointment every day this week except today! Booyah... Although sometimes it worries me, because they feed us so much and I am gonna get fat! Its a fear I may have. More weight is fine, but a big belly? No thanks! The weather has been lovely lately, so I can't complain there! Sunny enough to not wear a jacket, and one day it was like genuinely hot. Like I actually wanted to be in the shade! English people love the sun. Everyone is so happy, and out on the streets which is great for us!
Time has really run out, but the lesson I have learned lately is doing something when it is toughest to do it. It is sort of based off a talk by Elder Bednar called "The Character of Christ." It really shows how true one is to their discipleship to our Saviour Jesus Christ. Even He kept going when it would have been so easy to not do the right thing. Perfect example for us as always. We may not be to keen on something, but as you pray and rely on The Lord, you will get through and can get through anything. Persistence and dedication alone are omnipotent. Keep moving forward. Keep seeking revelation to look outside the box and guide you through the tough times. I will admit, I thought similar to the man in the New Testament when he said "Does nothing good come from Nazareth/Ashton?" Now I am more dedicated than ever to come up triumphant, to work above the line, relying on God's hand. Hopeful that great things will come to pass, and searching for those golden eggs like I would an Easter egg hunt. Changing our perspective really does do so much! I feel like I have just splat words on here, but I hope they find some use. Time is of the essence!
This is your (wacky) captain speaking, to your right is Ashton. You may notice many miracles abound,
- Elder Bennett
 |
| "What is missing? Heheh..." |
 |
Look at that wonderful little district photo. Aww..
|
 |
| Had a sports day a few weeks ago, contains my companion, district and a zone leader! |
 |
| Another picture of Mossley village, and a plant..? :) |
 |
| Just had to take a quick swanggg.. |
 |
| Quick snap over looking over Mossley! |
 |
Careful when you step out the door of the flat!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment