Erm, last week I wasn't able to write because I knew I was being transferred, and I had to say farewell to my most recent convert, Annabeth. So, we wrote for an hour, then met up with her and went to a farm she keeps her horse at. Of course she was just doing little chores, like refilling the trough, and cleaning out the stall a bit, but I loved it! Reminded me a lot of working on This Is The Place Heritage Park. Smelled like it too. Her horse is named Fizz, and she is a sassy horse. Gorgeous, and any other day I would ask to ride her, but not as a missionary! That was great fun. Leaving Hyde was sad, just because it became home, but I know it will always be dear to my heart, and I'll keep in touch with the people there. Thank goodness Wigan is great too! Yup, feel free to write me and ask questions or things you want to hear more about. I write on here for all of you to get the details!
Anyways, on to a topic I have been anxiously awaiting to talk about, and that my dear friends is charity. We have been studying this topic throughout the whole month of February, and boy have I learned loads! Like, I mean LOADS! I don't even know where to begin with this because there are so many different aspects of charity. I determined that I will just share some of my favorite quotes from the various talks that I have read concerning this most noblest form of love. My challenge or invitation, (there always has to be one) will be to pick your favorite quote, (perhaps write me and tell me), and then find various ways to apply it in your life! Sorry if I don't have a reference to them all.
"The measure of our love is the measure of the greatness of our souls" - Joseph B Wirthlin
"Charity is not an act but a condition or state of being. It is attained through a succession of acts that result in conversion. charity is something one becomes." - Dallin H. Oaks
"If attitudes, deeds, and spiritual inclinations were reflected physically, what would you look like?"
"One words frees us of all the weight and pain of life: that word is love." -Sophacles
"Love is one of the chief characteristics of Deity, and ought to be manifested by those who aspire to be the sons or daughters of God."
"A man filled with love is not content with blessing his family alone, but ranges through the whole world, anxious to bless the whole human race." - Joseph Smith
"Perhaps the greatest charity comes when we are kind to each other, when we don't judge or categorize someone else, when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet. Charity is accepting someone's differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings; having patience with someone who has let us down; or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn't handle something the way we might have hoped. Charity is refusing to take advantage of another's weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us. Charity is expecting the best of each other." - Marvin J. Ashton.
"Laughter is a condiment that makes just about anything go down better. And the ability to enjoy life with all its frustrations and diversity is like a good sorbet- it freshens the palate." - Elaine L. Jack
"Patience is heavenly." - Joseph Smith
"Patience is tied very closely to faith in our Heavenly Father. Actually when we are unduly impatient, we are suggesting that we know what is best- better than God does, or at least, we are asserting that our timetable is better than His." - Neal A Maxwell
"Charity is our love for the Lord, shown through our acts of service, patience, compassion and understanding for one another." "Love each other BETTER, not more." - Bonnie D. Parkin
"It is part of the gift of charity to be able to recognize the Lord's hand and feel His love in all that surrounds us. At times it will not be easy to discover the Lord's love for us in all that we experience, because He is a perfect, anonymous giver. You will search all your life to uncover His hand and the gifts He has bestowed upon you because His intimate, modest, humble way of granting such wonderful gifts." - Gene R. Cook.
Yowza. That was a lot more quotes than I thought I had! I hope you enjoyed them, because I surely have! I wish you all the very best, and I love you all so much!
More than you will ever know that is,
- Elder Bennett
| Pancake Day!! |
| There was a spider.. and I don't like them, so.. |
| ..I threw bread to try to hit it down.. didn't go so well! heehee! |
| Farewell to dear Annabeth! She was slightly embarrassed in her hat? Bless her. |
| This is the Lord family. Boy did I love going to the Lord's house! heheh.. |
| Our Flat |
| Elder Konyana and myself in our Sunday Best! |
| the kitchen is tiny! |
No comments:
Post a Comment