Hey ya everyone!
Been quite a while, hasn't it? Sorry about that! Hopefully I can do a bit better with that in the future. Anywho, there's quite a bit to say about my past transfer back in Whitefield but then again, not really! Haha.. I guess you can be the judge of that yourselves. So! Yeah, it has been a quite good transfer over all. Elder Rantanen has taught me a lot of things, and most of it has been quite logical so I'm quite pleased with that. He is quite clever and has shared some great church articles he got from the offices with me. Glad to have served with him! We got so many referrals from other missionaries, it was crazy! Ha, I don't think we really found any investigator in our teaching pool. Of course, we tried, but we'll take what we can get! :) Never have I ever gotten so many referrals in one transfer, nor had so many people attend church regularly. It was great! We really got working well with some of the members, and I really enjoyed that. We also did a fair amount of service for members and that is always great more on that later..
This past transfer I was able to have my final Skype call on Mother's Day. This was my last one before I return to the United States. Crazy, innit?? Oh it was lovely. Always is. Its so funny to see what has changed and what really hasn't. Ella Mae was just cute as always. :) I just love her so. I'm just glad that I don't have to wait until Christmas to see them all again! Haha.. Another exciting thing that happened this past transfer was that we had our Mission Historic Tour up in Preston! Now you may remember me doing that last year, so if you want more details on it, just have a gander through old posts. This time around, I would often talk to missionaries nearby about a certain site with dates or names before our mission president told the whole lot... this way it made them think I was pretty clever. :) I am absolute rubbish at history, so I just had to take advantage of my previous learning. :) It was also great fun to see so many missionaries who I have served around. Boy do I just love and miss them! It was also very spiritual at the end where we all felt the angels around us who had been baptised at that exact stream of water.
Now for the grand finale of this post... I've been transferred... to.. CHESTER!! HUZZAH!! But really. You have no idea how happy this has made me! About four months ago, I found out that the place my ancestors come from is covered in the Chester area. So! Ever since then I have been hoping, praying and telling basically everyone that I just have to serve there! So! Here I am! And boy is is B-E-A-UTIFUL! It took absolutely ages to arrive, (four and one half hours by bus or there about; rubbish traffic pal..) I know that miracles are going to be coming. I know that we will be doing all in our power, and then see God's hand be revealed to bring about His work. Oh, I forgot to tell ya! Who is "we"? Elder Nilsson and myself! He is from Sweden! (Feel free to send us some Swedish fish, I'm sure he would love that, and if not.. I will! Ha!) He seems like such a great missionary. We are going to have such a blast building the Kingdom of God. But hey, our flat is in Wales so if you fancy receiving a letter from this incredible country, or you have never written me a letter, there is still time! Now is such a great time! Go for it! Tell me about a tough time you've had in the past two years or so, and how God helped you with it! The address is just at the bottom. :)
To finish, and bring that climax down a bit.. I'm gonna go back to that whole service we did this past transfer that was previously mentioned. We loved it a lot because the results are so quick! You can cut a hedge and power wash a patio within a few hours, easy. But... what happens to it after some time? The hedge begins to grow, and the patio gets dirty again.. Basically, it doesn't last. That made me think about the greater work that we are doing, which is conversion! Yes, it takes time. But the things that are the most meaningful take the most time! I love to see the changes that people choose to make in their lives and the effects it has over a extended period of time. One simple way that I would LOVE to invite you to become more converted is choosing to observe the Sabbath better than you have in the past. The following article is a BRILLIANT example of what I hope yous all can do in your own individual lives. I will strive to do it too (within reason as a full-time missionary) and will continue to do so back home! I know that the blessings that come from this commandment are good and true. We each have great, personal blessings in store that our loving Heavenly Father greatly desires to bless us with upon the condition of obedience to this commandment. :)
https://www.lds.org/blog/my-heart-to-heart-with-god-about-the-sabbath?lang=eng
How will your heart to heart with God about the Sabbath go? Give it a go, and let me know.
And with that clever rhyme, I will end. I love you oh so very much my dearies,
- Elder Bennett
Elder K. Bennett
2 Southside, Argoed Road
Buckley
FLN
CH7 3BF
U.K.
![]() |
| Transfer Day-Headed for Wales |
| A little PD Selfie on the bus |
![]() |
| Mission Tour of Historical Sites Elder Bennett is in the big group on the back row, in the middle |





No comments:
Post a Comment