Union Jack Flag

Union Jack Flag

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

"For They Shall Rise as was Christ"


 Hey ya! Hope yous are all doing okay!

Honestly, I'm doing pretty swell! I have stayed another transfer here in Whitefield and to my surprise, stayed with Elder a Miller for another transfer! This is my third companion I've stayed with for a second transfer. It's nice cause there is no adjusting to a new companion/area/ward to be had for me! Right now we are applying one of my favourite quotes, "If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got." Basically we are varying our approaches by working with the less actives and our area book more frequently than typical. The recent converts in the ward are doing great, we still uplift them often and speak to the ward on how we need to blend them in better, little by little. The family we are working with are keeping their commitments quite well which makes us SO happy cause we love them heaps! They are truly one of a kind and I'm so blessed to be so close with them. Ahh! They really have changed so much in the past couple months. The weather.. was quite rainy two weeks ago but this past one was quite nice. Not much rain if any!

The one thing that has put me down the last month or so has been a cold which gradually got worse. Feeling under the weather is no fun at all, especially as a missionary. We're always tired, but being sick just leaves you at the level of exhaustion! Thankfully, it has come to an end and I've even managed to learn a good lesson from it too. When we come to recognise trials for what they are, we respond to them by asking God, "What am I to learn from this?" (The sooner, the better). I asked and pondered upon it and it came to me that I took my health and working body for granted.  Then I began to take that a step further by asking myself, "What else have I or do I still take for granted?" That was when a whole list of blessings came flooding into my mind! My dear family is perhaps one of my biggest blessings. We live in a world where some hardly care for each other or extended families don't keep in touch. Mine is truly knit together, and I love them SO much! What would I be like without them?? Similar thoughts accompanied when I thought of my friends or just one in particular. What if I never met that one person? How sad! What would the world be like without The Restoration, the Priesthood restored or The Book of Mormon?! Almost makes me shudder at the thought. What a drastic change that has wrought upon numerous people!

The final and most moving blessing that came to mind is this: What would the world be like without a Saviour? No Redeemer, no Perfect Example, no Atonement, and no resurrection. We would all be utterly alone in our trials, infirmities, and pains. There would be no forgiveness from sin, big or small. No returning to our Father in Heaven.  Our loved ones who have passed on wouldn't rise again and neither would we. Excuse me while I wipe away the tears of such a depressing thought and then wipe away more tears of joy when I declare that it is not so! I know The Restoration happened, The Standard of Truth has come forth, and there IS a Saviour, even Jesus Christ. The Miracle of the Atonement was victorious! Forgiveness is available, divine help called grace is receivable and we are never alone. Comfort does and will come to those who are in need. Jesus Christ is risen and so will everyone else. [Alma 40:23] "The soul shall be restored to the body, and the body to the soul; yea, and every limb and joint shall be restored to its body; yea, even a hair of the head shall not be lost; but all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame." Oh the joy!

In my younger years, I used to think about my Grandma & Grandpa Bennett and say to myself "how can I miss someone I never knew or hardly knew?" As I've gotten older, I've heard great things about them, and been told such wonderful memories. Tears have been shed, as they do now, and I say to myself "Oh how I wish I could have known them even for a small while!" I know peace really does come and fill my soul, for I know I will be seeing them again. :) I cannot wait to be taught how to paint from my angel nan and learn how to golf from my incredible grandad.

With that said, there's no better way to end this except by saying..

Hallelujah,

- Elder Bennett

The Bury Library we go emailing at. It's also a museum and art
gallery.. of sorts.
Complete Madness
Look at all this snow
Elder Miller and Elder Bennett
I use these splendid photographs to show people
and then teach and 
testify of the doctrine of resurrection. :)
I love my grandparents! 
They are close by. 
All of us at the trampoline place last Monday! GREAT fun!
 All of us at the ward mission leader's home (The Clare's)
 for Elder Korth's birthday. 
That strawberry cheesecake was just TOO yummy! 
I'm sorry you couldn't eat some.
 Loads of old churches like this one are scattered about, 
but this is one I don't think is being used!

No comments:

Post a Comment