Union Jack Flag

Union Jack Flag

Monday, January 12, 2015

"Miracles in the Master's Hands"

Oh goodness! What a week! This one really great, and ended marvelously! The weather has actually been alright. The past few days have been very windy, but luckily not too rainy. It is so weird to think that it is January, because there is no snow on the ground. 

This week was good work and fun. I went on a couple exchanges with some other missionaries, and it was great to learn from them as well as share things that have helped me out. We found out this morning that I will be staying here in Hyde for at least another six weeks, but my trainer is going up to Preston. I am so excited for him; he is going to do such a good job up there! My new companion I believe is from Birmingham? He has been out a good while, and I am excited to learn new things from him and become a better servant. Tad nervous, because adjusting to new situations isn't exactly a forte of mine, but I know that with prayers filled with faith, heavenly help is sent.

This past Saturday we had a baptism for a young lady. We have been teaching Annabeth since the beginning of November, and it has been an incredible journey to witness. She has had many confirmations of the truth, and many miracles that paved the way for her to be baptized. It was a wonderful service, and President Ulrich even came! It meant so much to me, because this is the first baptism I have been for the whole journey. 

I can do my best to express what it was like to actually perform the ordinance of baptism for Annabeth, but it really does leave me at a loss of words. First, it is just remarkable enough to know that I am a personal representative for our Saviour Jesus Christ. That I had the great blessing to step in on behalf of Him to do this ordinance. When we stepped into the font, such the anticipation just peaked. I just said the baptism prayer and submerged her under the water. All went well, thank goodness for not repeating on a mistake. The feelings afterwards were just overwhelming. The best way she could explain the feeling was "floatie..?" Haha, it is the greatest! For some reason, my face afterwards was just flushed. I probably looked like I had ran five miles in the middle of winter. It was just the grandest feeling of joy and adrenaline I have ever experienced in my life. The two of us were just smiling from ear to ear, and it couldn't be stopped. I know that this church is true with all my heart, for there is no way on Earth that those feelings aren't from God. I am so grateful for that experience, it was truly one of the greatest highlights of my life thus far.

I know that miracles happen, that Heavenly Father prepares people just like her all around the world. I know that He will prepare a way that we may accomplish all the commandments we are given. This leads me into the miracle that we all are. To become and receive all that the Father has. This next bit, I would like to forward a challenge that was given to us missionaries in our newsletter by our assistants to the president. Forewarning, if you whole-heartedly give this a go, it will be an incredible experience. If you don't, you will indeed be missing out. Please, find the time this day to do this. I know that you will have a great experience! Here it is right from them:

"Everybody go grab a pen and your study journal, (or at least a piece of paper.) We want to ask you some questions that we hope will provoke thought and inspire change. Get a mental image of yourself in the your last few days as a missionary, (perhaps the last few days of this year for you all), only we don't want you to ACTUALLY picture yourself. We want you to picture the person you could become by that time. Try to capture in your mind the absolute best that you could possible become. Powerful, filled with light, charitable, humble, not a particle of fear in your body, you are a walking testimony. Close your eyes, and envision it for a minutes so that you can really get the mental picture. (No but really, do it. Trust me!) Now, write down all the phrases, words, and characteristics that came and are coming to your mind.

After several minutes of pondering about this, go to the mirror. Really go. Oh and grab your study journal or paper. Write down what you see in the mirror. Not on the outside, but really look into your own eyes, and into your own soul and write down the words, phrases and characteristics that describe you. 

What you have just done is looked through the Lord's eyes into your own potential. You have seen what He and He alone can make you. The things that you saw in the mirror reflect your "raw materials". All you have to do is give those things to God and He can turn them into everything that you envisioned yourself to be. Lets make 2015 a year of smashing potential!

Potential is a great thing to have at the beginning of any process, but a bad thing to have at the end. We hope and pray that as you put your heart into this, and give God everything you've got, that you don't have an ounce of potential left when that day arrives, (end of the year). If you haven't really gone through this activity but rather just read these paragraphs like every other week, repent and start back from the beginning, (or really find some time to do this!)"

To be truthful, I did that and it was one of the most marvelous things EVER. Tears were almost coming down my cheeks as I typed this up to send back home. I love you all so much, and I know that in the Master's Hands we can really become what we, but more importantly He would want us to be. Please, if you did this, I would love to hear how it went. 

Don't be afraid to give up who you are for who you can become,

- Elder Bennett

 Elder Butterfield and I with turbans. We be bozos
 Elder Hammond and I reading Green Eggs and Ham, missionary edition
 I love the city of Manchester, ahh! It is too great!!
Beautiful view of the hills pretty close to our flat.
.Elder Jageklint (Swedish!) just chillin. You know how it is.
Oh what joy filled our hearts! Way too happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment